ATTENDANCE IS IMPORTANT FOR ALL STUDENTS!
NO TARDINESS, NO EARLY CHECK-OUTS!
NO ABSENTEES! COME TO SCHOOL!!!
Important information for the senior class including college admissions, financial aid, FAFSA, TOPS, scholarships, Graduate Sales, etc. can be found on the NISH Website under the Senior link and hard copies can be found in the guidance lobby throughout the school year.
2. Popcorn will be sold at both lunches down G-Hall for $1/bag on Mondays and Fridays.
3. Octagon Club, Key Club and Interact Club:
Our first meeting will be held September 18th in the cafeteria from 2:45-3:45.
If you have not signed up for Remind - stop by B-11 or G-1 to get information.
Please get your paperwork turned in to Mrs. Viator in room B-11 or Ms. Gonzales in G-1.
4. Hola amigos,
If you missed the Spanish meeting, but are still interested in joining, stop by D6, D8, or D13 for information. Everyone is invited to join, whether or not you are taking Spanish. Our first meeting will be October 4, and we will be eating some delicious food from Tacos San Luis while learning to Salsa dance. Bring a friend! Nos vemos.
5. LAHOSA will have a meeting immediately after school on Wednesday, September 18 in A-10. Anyone interested in the Medical Field should join us to learn more about the club.
6.Seniors 2020 if your parents would like to volunteer and be involved and volunteer in Project Graduation
7. JOIN the TENNIS TEAM! We will have a short informational meeting after school on Wednesday, September 18th in A14. No prior experience needed. Coach Landry will teach you! Practices will begin Monday, September 30th. WOOT WOOT!!
8. Next SADD Club meeting will be on Wednesday, September 25th until 3:15.
9. NISH Chapel Club will meet 9/19 @ 7:10 in room B-27. New members are encouraged to attend.
10. Attention National Honor Society members: Please join the NHS Google Classroom ASAP and complete the assignments. Thanks.
11. The Ebonaires Club will meet on Thursday, September 19, 2019 in Room D-20 at 2:45 PM. If anyone have any questions please contact Mr. Mitchell.
12. Attention Juniors and Seniors: Educational Talent Search is an informational program which assists students by helping them to better understand their educational opportunities and options after graduation. The Educational Talent Search Counselor, Mr. Doffoney, will meet with students once a month to help students in various areas associated with college planning. The next Educational Talent Search meeting for Juniors and Seniors will be held in the cafeteria on Thursday, September 19th, during 1st Block at 7:45 a.m. If you are interested in attending this Talent Search meeting you must sign up in the guidance department. The sign up sheet will be on the front counter in guidance. Student’s can turn in completed applications to Mr. Doffoney. Students can also sign up for Talent Search at any time.
**This is a combination meeting for Juniors and Seniors. If you have questions about financial aid, Mr. Doffoney is an excellent contact person.
13. The 2019-2020 application for the LOSFA Trailblazer Leadership Program is now available. The program is now open to all 9-12 grade students. Please see the NISH website for a complete explanation of the program and the link to the application. Deadline is Sept 18, 2019.
14. Attention BETA members:
The Greater Iberia Chamber of Commerce has once again requested our help with preparations for the Gumbo Cook off starting next Wednesday, September 25th. There are over 100 volunteer slots to fill over the next few weeks! Please come by A-16 to sign up.
15. JACKET ASSEMBLY meeting Tuesday September 24th 7am in E2. Copy of insurance card and club dues MUST be paid by this date. POSTERS MUST BE TAKEN DOWN by Tuesday September 17th 2019 & Keychains must also be sold by the meeting on the 24th! Please stop by E2 for all questions!
New Iberia Senior High
Social Studies Department
Student Government Election results: Congrats to the following:
Student Body President- Gavyn Stevens
Student Body VP- Kelsey Boutte
Freshman Class President- Charles Meyers
Freshman Class VP-Kaiden Bourque
Freshman Class Secretary- Vanna Pham
Freshman Representatives-Arieona Brooks, Daisa Henry, Ty'yanna Lockett
Sophomore Class President- Allison Leach
Sophomore Class VP- Emily Robicheaux
Sophomore Class Secretary- Jordan LeBlanc
Sophomore Representatives-Adam Perez, Lyla Boatman, Kameron Battle
Junior President- Chloe Williamson
Junior VP-Keily Smith
Junior Secretary-Jennifer Medina
Junior Reps-Ta'kyla Jenkins
Senior President-Cydnie Bourque
Senior VP- Lauren Charpentier
Senior Secretary-MaKayla Boutte
16. Fellowship of Christian Athletes will have their first meeting of the year on Wednesday September 18. The meeting will be held in G7 at 7:10 am. We are asking returning members to bring a new athlete with them. Come see what we are all about!
17. To those interested in Young Women's Society, registration forms, club fees, and proof of insurance are due by this Wednesday, 9/18. Our first meeting will be held on Wednesday, October 16th. The subject of the meeting is BODY POSITIVITY, and we will have a few guest speakers at the meeting to inspire you. Donations for Angel Paws are also due on this date.
18. TOPS/TOPS TECH Night
Tuesday, September 24, 2019 in the Cafeteria 6:00p.m.
This presentation is for Parents and Students
The program will include an in depth explanation of the TOPS Scholarship Program
TOPS University and Jumpstart students should attend