1. Next Talent Search Meeting:
Attention: Educational Talent Search is an informational program which assists students by helping them to better understand their educational opportunities and options after graduation. The Educational Talent Search Counselor, Mr. Doffoney, will meet with students once a month to help students in various areas associated with college planning. The next Educational Talent Search meeting for Juniors and Seniors will be held Wednesday, January 16th during 4th Block at 1:00 p.m. If you are interested in attending the next Talent Search meeting, you must sign up in the guidance dep
2. NISH Chapel Club meetings Jan. 10th and Jan. 24 @ 7:10 in room B-27.
3. Anyone interested in purchasing a "Happy Birthday" announcement for $3 for the monitors in the hallway may bring the following information and money to the office. Please have your name, the birthday person's name, date of the birthday and message on a piece of paper.
4. Attention Junior and Senior Boys:
The Omega Psi Phi Fraternity is hosting a Men's Youth Leadership conference to be held on April 13th, 2019 on the UL Lafayette Campus. The event will take place from 8:00a.m. to 3p.m. The purpose of the conference is to provide information to male students in the areas of development, police enforcement interaction, no means no and proper dress attire protocol. Students will also participate in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) project by building solar cars with a race competition. If you are interested, pick up an application in guidance and submit the application to the guidance department by Wednesday, January 16, 2019.
5. Indoor track results:
Londyn Roberts finished runner up in the 800 meter runat the LSU Classic, with a smoking 2:01.87.
Bryce Williams won the high jump at 6’2”.
Josh Mason won the long jump, leaping 21’6”. He was also 5th in the triple jump and 400 meter dash.
Markel Linzer was 4th in the triple jump and 400, and 5th in the long jump.
6.Attention Art Guild Members:
We will have a meeting Thursday, January 17th after school in F-7. We will be working on poured paintings. Please have your ride here for 3:00 pm.
7. The first HOSA meeting for the Spring semester will be held in room A-10 after school on Thursday, January 17. Have your
rides available by 3:20.
8. Yearbook Announcement: It is a NEW year! Let's plan to buy a yearbook this year.
Order online at: www.yearbookordercenter.com
Enter School Code: 16120
9.The EBONAIRE CLUB will meet on 1/16/19 after school. The meeting will be in Room C-2 and last until 3:15. Please have a ride for that time. Thank you.
10. Yearbook sales that will bring you cheer till the end of the year. We want to sell you 20 yearbooks each for $20 with the end-sheets torn out. We had to tear out the end-sheets of 20 books in order to save $600, so our savings will be your savings too.
Remember to come by the yearbook cart during your lunch to pick-up your yearbook while you can.
(We still have undamaged books for regular cost of only $50)
11. There will be a meeting on Tuesday, January 22nd at 5:30 pm in D15 (Ms. Thompson's room) for the students attending the June 2019 trip to Europe. We will be discussing important passport information, roommate arrangements, and upcoming due dates. Please contact Ms. Thompson if you cannot attend the meeting.
12. Princess, Pearls & Pumps
The Berry Queens would love to help you feel like a Princess! With prom approaching quickly, we'd like to help you find the perfect dress and accessories! We will have dresses, shoes, jewelry & accessories available to you at No Cost. Any high school girl from Iberia Parish is welcome.
When: Saturday, February 2nd
Where: First United Methodist Church
First come first serve
13. JUNIORS! Prom Committee will be meeting after school on Wednesday, Jan. 23rd in D6. Please plan to attend. You will also need to submit an application for Prom Committee by that date. Applications can be picked up from the folder outside of D6. If you will not be able to attend the meeting, let Ms. Fusilier or Mrs. Barwell-Altenburg know. You will still need to submit an application.