3. Anyone interested in purchasing a "Happy Birthday" announcement for $3 for the monitors in the hallway may bring the following information and money to the office. Please have your name, the birthday person's name, date of the birthday and message on a piece of paper.
4. Any student who was a member of the Explorer's Club at IMS and would like to participate in Explorer's Club at NISH, please see Mrs. Dupre in room C5 before of after school to sign up! More information will be coming for all other freshman about this new club!
5. Any junior girl who is interested in going to Girls State this summer needs to submit a resume to Mr. Clark in guidance by March 28. A committee will then select 3 recipients to attend.
The objective of Girls State is to educate our youth in the duties, rights, and responsibilities of American Citizenship through the practical mechanics of government by actually performing the functions of local and state government. The session will run from June 23- June 29 at Northwestern State University.
6.Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Franklin-Jeanerette Alumnae Chapter has contact information on the Delta Ladies and Gentlemen in Waiting Program. Flyers are available on the counter in guidance.
7. The boys track team has been busy. We placed 2nd in the Cecilia Bulldog Relays, with first place finishes in the 800 & 1600 meter relays, Bryce Williams in the high jump & 110 hurdles, and Markel Linzer in the Long and triple jumps. Over the Madrid Agra’s holidays, we attended the Barbe Buc Relays, where we finished 3rd. First place finishes were in the 1600 meter relay, Londyn Roberts in the 800, and Bryce Williams in the 110hurdles. And last night, we finished 2nd at the oil city relays. Scoring points for your Yellow Jackets were:
5th place: Steven Charpentier in the 3200
4th place: 800 meter relay(Josh Mason, Cameron Blake, Markel Linzer, and Londyn Roberts), Bryce Williams in the 300 hurdles, and Josh Mason in the triple jump.
Runners Up: Markel Linzer in the triple jump, and Josh Mason in long jump,
Champions: Londyn Roberts in the 400, running 49.00, and the 800. Bryce Williams in the High jump(6’4”), and the 110hurdles. Markel Linzer in the long jump, and the 1600 meter relay( Draylan Lewis, Josh Mason, Markel Linzer, and Londyn Roberts)
Great effort and hard work are paying off for your yellow jackets
Congratulations to the Girl's Track Team with a 4th place finish at the Oil City Relays on Monday night.
Scoring points for the team
6th place finishers: Alicia Orphry in the 100 meter hurdles and Amari Mouton in the Triple Jump with a Personal Record (PR) jump of 33'0.5".
5th place finishers: Aliana Henry in the 200 meter dash with a PR time of 25.31, Jasperlyn Pitre in the 400 meter dash, and Kenya Mixon in the High Jump.
4th place finishers: JaQuacia Delasbour in the 300 hurdles with a PR time of 55.36, Regine Johnson in the Shot Put and Discus with a PR throw of 89'1.5".
3rd place finishers: Regine Johnson in the Javelin with a PR throw of 96'11", Bra'Lazjae Butts in the 100 hurdles, and the 800 meter relay (Jasperlyn, Aliana, Amari, and Bra'Lazjae) with a season PR time of 1:45.23.
2nd place finisher: Kelis Boutte in High Jump
1st place finishers: Bra'Lazjae in the 300 hurdles with a PR time of 46.93 and the 1600 meter relay (Amari, Aliana, Jasperlyn, and Bra'Lazjae) with a season PR time of 4:12.15.
Friday the team will travel to West Feliciana.
8. Yearbook Announcement: It is a NEW year! Let's plan to buy a yearbook this year.
Order online at: www.yearbookordercenter.com
Enter School Code: 16120
10. Yearbook sales that will bring you cheer till the end of the year. We want to sell you 20 yearbooks each for $20 with the end-sheets torn out. We had to tear out the end-sheets of 20 books in order to save $600, so our savings will be your savings too.
Remember to come by the yearbook cart during your lunch to pick-up your yearbook while you can.
(We still have undamaged books for regular cost of only $50)
11. The Legislative Youth Advisory Council (LYAC) is open to high school students across the state. It begins in July with a two day seminar at the capitol. The council then meets five times, every other month on Saturday at the Louisiana Municipal Association (LMA) building in Baton Rouge. The application and press release are attached. Applicants are scored based on their responses to the short answer questions and two letters of recommendation. The deadline to apply is March 22nd. If interested, see Mr. Schlicher
12. JUNIORS: Class favorite voting will be on Wednesday and Thursday this week. Find our table outside of D-Hall during both lunches. Make sure to vote!
13. March 28th Chapel Club meeting 7:10 AM Room B-27
14.Our next HOSA meeting will be after school on Friday, March 22 in room A-10. Have your rides available for 3:10.
15.The HOSA club is collecting used ink cartridges to recycle. If you have any used ink cartridges, you may put them in Mrs. A. Landry's box or send them to her classroom A-10. They are also beginning a Box Top collection, these may be put into Mrs. A. Landry's box.
17. Anyone interested in trying out for NISH Cheer- there will be a cheerleading tryout meeting on Wednesday March 27, 2019 at 6:00pm in the Cafeteria. All information regarding tryouts will be given at this time. If for some reason you are unable to make the meeting, see Mrs. Romero in room B14 for details.
18. WWII Museum Field Trip money due by Friday March 29th to Mrs. Moore in E2. First come first serve for those who received permission slips from their teachers.