Important information for the senior class including college admissions, financial aid, FAFSA, TOPS, scholarships, Graduate Sales, etc. can be found on the NISH Website under the Senior link and hard copies can be found in the guidance lobby throughout the school year.
2. The Fire Starter Project is designed specifically for 20 high school juniors enrolled in public or private high schools in Iberia Parish. The program aims to provide learning experiences in leadership, communication skills, team-building, and networking. Participants will take part in monthly seminars and/or field trips to develop skills as future leaders of their community. Applications are available in guidance.
3.Any girls interested in being a Diamond Girl for the NISH Baseball Team- there will be a meeting in B14, with Coach Romero next Wednesday 11/20/19 immediately after school. --
4. Fellowship of Christian Athletes monthly meeting is Wednesday November 20 at 7:10 in G7. Invite a fellow athlete to join us.
5. Attention Juniors and Seniors: Educational Talent Search is an informational program which assists students by helping them to better understand their educational opportunities and options after graduation. The Educational Talent Search Counselor, Mr. Doffoney, will meet with students once a month to help students in various areas associated with college planning. The next Educational Talent Search meeting for Juniors and Seniors will be held in the cafeteria on Wednesday, November 20th, during 4th Block at 1:00 p.m. If you are interested in attending this Talent Search meeting you must sign up in the guidance department. The sign up sheet will be on the front counter in guidance. Student’s can turn in completed applications to Mr. Doffoney. Students can also sign up for Talent Search at any time. Topics may include college admissions, TOPS Questions, FAFSA, Financial Aid, etc.
**This is a combination meeting for Juniors and Seniors. If you have questions about financial aid, Mr. Doffoney is an excellent contact person.
6. Attention Students & NISH Staff: 2018-2019 Yearbooks are NOW on sale for the price of $25. We only have 20 books left for sale! Come to F8 during your lunch to purchase one today.
7. NISH's LAHOSA will be having meetings after school on the following dates:
After school on Wednesday, November 20 until 3:15 and Wednesday, December 11 after school until 3:15. Both meetings will be held in Room A-10.
8. Any Young Ladies or Young Men interested in NISH POWER LIFITING TRYOUTS are Tuesday November 19th 2019 for young ladies 3:00-4:30pm and Wednesday November 20th 2019, for young men 3;00-4:30pm. Make-ups and results will be Thursday November 21st 2019 3:00pm-4:00pm
9. The Ebonaires will meet on Tuesday, November 19, 2019 at 2:45 pm in Room D-20. If you have any questions contact Mr. Mitchell or Mrs. K. Broussard, D-18,